Last night was supposed to be dog training and I was really looking forward to it, but it was cancelled because of the snow. I wanted to see my new friend, George, and see how he was getting on training his owner. I’ve been working on the ‘letting me sleep on the bed’ training this week, but I don’t think I’ve been offering my owners enough treats as I still get sent to my own crate before lights out. Anyway, as I couldn’t go to training and I was feeling a bit down, Alfie let me sort out the winner of our first Crufts Ticket competition. On Saturday we asked
- How many breeds were represented in the first Cruft’s dog show of 1891? The answer was 36
- What breed of dog is our little Aristotle? I’m an Entlebucher Mountain Dog
- Our breed are working dogs. On which day of the show are the working dogs judged? The answer is day 3, Saturday
- In my book, ‘Alfie’s Woods’ what is the crime that Hedgehog is in the Woodland Prison for having committed? Obviously that’s Alfie’s book as I haven’t written any yet and the answer was money laundering. (If you haven’t read it yet then you should, it’s fun and you just have to love Rabbit http://amzn.to/y0USwA )
- How much is an adult day ticket to Crufts 2012 if bought in advance? The answer was £14.
Once I’d checked all the entries I got my master to draw the winner and he picked out Vicky Baker. Well done Vicky we will be in touch to send you your tickets. If you are going on one of the days that I’m there please can I have my photo taken with you?
To all of you who entered but didn’t win, you do still have another chance. We are going to be running another competition to win a pair of tickets on Saturday 18th February. If you can’t wait until then you can always take advantage of the cheaper entry price if you buy in advance at www.crufts.org.uk/ticket-office
Alfie Dog with a little help from Rosemary J Kind email@example.com
Alfie’s Diary – the Book is available at Amazon UK –https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00583ZGSA